Thursday, March 15, 2007

Mokai


Mokai is one of Miami's newest venues. It opened less than a year ago and has proven to be everything the locals were anticipating. The new lounge is owned by Rony Seikaly, a former NBA star and Nicolai, former owner of Mynt Lounge. At 4,000 sq. ft. Mokai is one of the smaller clubs on South Beach. However, don't let the size fool you. Mokai is THE Miami hotspot that everyone is dieing to get into. Once inside, this new lounge is entertaining the who's who of the Miami social scene. On any given night you can be dancing with the likes of George Clooney, Scarlett Johansson and TomKat. One thing is for sure though, if you do decide to spend an evening "living it up" at Mokai, be ready to wait and ready to throw down some serious cash. Most of the people who go to Mokai NEVER make it in and those who do have to be ready to spend at least $1,000 on a table.

My Thoughts
Having gone to Mokai a few times, I can say it is everything they say it is. The music is fantastic and unique from all the other clubs in Miami. The venue is beautiful and is named after a canyon where the "Lord of The Rings" trilogy was filmed. The decor is modern and chic, as are the people. I have been a Miami party kid since I really was a kid (17 and I'm 23 now). I must admit if it weren't for all those years of partying I would probably still be waiting to get in. They are not afraid to turn people down. Patience is crucial at Mokai, so if you're not willing to wait I suggest going anywhere else. Overall I have to say that Mokai truly is the best place to have fun in Miami.

1 comment:

spoiled said...

Mokai is definitely a hotspot in Miami to party.

Check out photos and event updates for Mokai and other clubs here in Miami http://www.atnight.com/events